DashboardThe Dashboard is the control center of the Explore Careers and College Major System.
There are five sections in the Dashboard -
- Self Assessments
- Explore the Possibilities
- Take Action
- Career and Education Planning Results
- Recommended Tools & Websites
- Self Assessments
Self AssessmentThere are four other assessments -
- Work Interest Assessment
- Personality Assessment
- Values Assessment
- Skills Assessment
Explore the PossibilitiesThe Explore the Possibilities is the Career Exploration, the College Major Exploration and the College Search sections of the Explore Careers and College Major System.
In the Career Exploration section,
- You perform career research.
- You identify potential careers.
- You begin narrowing career options.
Then, you filter occupations by the following criteria -
- Job Family
- Green Job
- Bright Outlook
- Saved Occupations
- Match Holland Codes to training programs
- Perform research to identify potential training programs
- Use training program search web site to find potential training programs
Explore any Occupation
Explore Any Major Area of Study That Interests You tool has excellent college search resources!
College Search options include -
- Type of College
- Enrollment & Costs
- Majors Offered
- Test Scores and Selectivity
- Athletics & Activities
- Search for colleges by name
The purpose of the Take Action section is to create a road map of your academic and career development activities. Take Action serves as an online portfolio.
The areas under the Take Action section are -
- My Education
- My Professional Development
Career and Education Planning ResultsCareer and Education Planning Results is a summary of your assessment results and saved preferences.
Recommended Tools and WebsitesRecommended Tools and Websites include -
- Extensive online step-by-step tutorial loaded with downloads and websites
- Job Boards and Internship Opportunities
- Links to Resources - including